The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to announce the appointment of several scouts to the TTFA’s North America Talent Identification and Player Pool Programme (TIPP) which was launched earlier this month. The directors of TIPP are Sean Powder and Justin Reid.
The individuals appointed as scouts are as follows:
Prince Borde, Stephen Chase, Ashton Baptiste, Errol McFarlane, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Myron Garnes, Kevon Isa, Anthony Lambert, Daniel McKell, Nigel Myers,Kenrick Ramirez, Wendell Regis, Ivan Sampson, Marc Anthony-William,Lumumba Shabazz and Kernell Borneo.
All appointments are for one year from January 1st to December 31st 2020.
TIPP scouting responsibilities include:
● Evaluating players of Trinbagonian descent in schools across North America and submitting prospects to Coordinator in the region
● Monitoring news sources, attend games, and speak with coaches to locate prospective players.
● Watch game footage of players and study statistics to determine the player’s potential.
● Meet with players and their families to discuss the TIPP program and benefits of the TTFA youth national teams.
● Collecting player and coaching information of Trinbagonians in North America and submitting it to Director.
All TIPP scouts must comply with the following requirements:
● Must have in-depth knowledge of football in Trinidad & Tobago at the national team level and must be active in coaching soccer in the United States
● Must have a keen eye for detail when observing prospects
● Must be actively pursuing a coaching license
● Must have coached in a club or clubs across the U.S.
● Must be a Trinbagonian or of Trinbagonian descent
● Must have strong interpersonal skills to connect with prospects
● Ability to make numerous decisions when recruiting