The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association, National Football Committee held its second Symposium on the Restructuring of Football in Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday 5th October 2019 at the Pleasantville Community Centre. Participants were drawn from Central, Southern and South West Trinidad. Overall, there was a rich day enjoyed by the stakeholders at San Fernando.
The TTFA NFC Chairman, Selby Browne said the all-day session saw participants reviewing the current state of football and making outstanding recommendations for the improvement of the administration, competitions to improve the structure of football in Trinidad & Tobago and performance on the field of play.
Among several recommendations made were:
1. The TTFA adhering to the provisions of its Constitutional authority as the Governing Body for Football in Trinidad and Tobago with responsibility for running all football and taking action of those who bring the Association into disrepute.
2. Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the TTFA Administration with respect to Administration, Finance and Operations;
3. Providing financial support to the Zones for administration, improved League operation, strengthening clubs, and building institutional capacity at the Regional level;
4. Establishment of a league catering to the 17-23 year-old youth players and provide scholarships for youth players and referees;
5. Standardization of Referees fees among the various stakeholders by the TTFA;
6. Promote Adopt-a-school program for the elite clubs.
7. Creating exchange programs for coaches at the regional level; 8.Establishment of a National day of Football to promote inclusiveness and community spirit
The TTFA NFC will continue its outreach with two additional sessions. The next session will be held in Tobago at Works Conference Room, Shaw Park Complex, Scarborough, on October 12th 2019.
The National Football Committee will then hold its fourth Symposium on the Restructuring of Football in Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday 19th October 2019 at Sangre Grande Regional Corporation Hall,
located at the Corner Ramdass Street and Eastern Main Road, Opposite Scotia Bank.
The Symposium will facilitate participants from the Eastern Counties, from Toco Cumana, Balandra, Matura, Sangre Grande, Plum Mitan, Manzalilla, Mayaro and Guyagarare.
The TTFA extends an invitation to all Member Zone Associations, Clubs, Community Minor Leagues, Coaching Academies, footballers, coaches, referees, administrators, members of technical staff, football fans and supporters, the media and football stakeholders, to make meaningful contributions and recommendations for the development of Football in Trinidad and Tobago.