The funeral for Muhammad Isa will take place at the Point Fortin Roman Catholic Church from 10am on Monday July 9th, 2018.
Isa, a former Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association, held the position of Director of Football up until the time of his passing on Monday July 2nd, 2018.
Isa, born December 21s, 1948, first attended the Point Fortin Intermediate Roman Catholic School from 1953 to 1963 before moving on to St Benedict’s College for the period 1963-1966.
He was a member of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Force from 1974-1998. He was also a coach with the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs between 1998-2015.
Isa was named TTFA Coach of the Year in 1985 and 1994 and helped Police FC earn “Team of the Year” award that same year after guiding the team to the FA Trophy crown in ’94. He also led Police to the Caribbean title in the CONCACAF Club Championship in 1991 and was a coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s team that captured the 1994 Shell Caribbean Cup. Prior to that, he led Trintoc Sports Club as head coach, guiding them to the National League and FA Trophy titles in 1986. The year before he also led Trintoc to the FA Trophy title and in 1987, he guided Trintoc to the National League and FA Trophy titles.
His first major title as a coach came in 1975 when he led Police FC to the National FA Trophy title.
He also served as head coach of San Fernando Technical Institute, carrying them to the National Colleges League title in 1985 and St Benedict’s College to the National Intercol title in 1998.
He was also a coaching instructor for the TTFA dating back to 2006 and was a member of the TTFA Technical Advisory Committee in 1996 and was the Technical Director of the South Zone and Centre for Excellence for 1997 to the time of his passing.
As a competitive footballer, Isa played for the following teams
• Trinidad and Tobago Police Sports Club 1974 – 1976
• Point Fortin Civic Centre 1971 – 1973
• St. Benedict’s Old Boys 1967 – 1969
• St. Benedicts College (Senior & Championship) 1963 – 1966
His coaching experience was as follows.
• Coach National Under 17 1997-1998
• Assistant Coach of National U-23 Football Team 1994
• Assistant Coach of National Senior Football Team 1994
• Coach of National Senior Football Team 1991-1992
• Coach of National U-18/19 Football Team 1991-1992
• Dominica National Football Team Coach Feb-Dec, 1990
• Assistant Coach of National Senior Football Team 1985-1987
• Coach of National U-19 Football Team 1984-1985
• Coach of National U-16 Football Team 1982-1983
National Club Level:
• Technical Director TTFA MAY-2016-present
• Technical Director Club Sando 2013- 2018
• Coach of Club Sando ( Super League) 2008 – 2012
• Technical Director of Police FC 2007-2011
• Coach Jane Public FC 2000
• Asst. Coach – Joe Public FC 2000
• Coach Joe Public FC 1998
• Coach of Trinidad and Tobago Police Sports Club 1975-1980
• Coach of Trinidad and Tobago Police Sports Club 1983-1986
• Coach of Trinidad and Tobago Police Sports Club 1991-2003
• Coach of Trintoc Football Team 1981-1989
• Coach of St. Benedict’s College 1994-2004
• Coach of Point Fortin College 1993-1994
• Coach of San Fernando Technical Institute 1982-1985