Santa Rosa FC’s Keron Clarke will travel with the Trinidad and Tobago squad for Guayaquil, Ecuador later today after obtaining his passport this morning.
Clarke had been sidelined from the final 19-man squad announced by Dennis Lawrence on Saturday after unsuccessful attempts to obtain a new passport up until Friday. But there was better news for the 31-year-old forward today.
“It is definitely a blessing for me to have received my passport this morning which now makes it possible for me to travel with the team today. I will like to thank everyone at the Immigration Office for their part today as well as the Minister, Maxie Cuffie for his input and the team management for their efforts,” Clarke told TTFA Media.
The Santa Rosa FC marksman trained with the provisional squad all of last week and described his experience as an eye opener.
“It was a new level for me because obviously coming from the Super League, the intensity is higher here and at first I had to make the adjustment but once I did that, I was able to settle in and get on with the work,” Clarke said.
“For me it’s a great blessing and to God be the Glory. At my age coming into the national team is not something that happens every day. But I am here now and I will do my best to make a positive impact and see what happens from there.
“They all welcomed me with open arms when I came into the training last week. The coaching staff have been good and the players embraced me. Everyone wants to do well out here and it ‘s a brotherhood. We’ll all be putting our best foot forward to achieve success,” Clarke added.